This article is about installing UCW Products in a large enterprise environment using the UCW Installer. If you have dozens of conference rooms, and your IT department uses a central management tool (like SCCM or InTune), this FAQ is for you.
Option 1 - using the latest UCW products
This option is the easiest to deploy and will use the latest versions of the UCW products. When run, it will download the UCW products and components in real time.
1. Download the latest production release of the UCW Installer from https://qlinstall.ucworkspace.com/ucwinstaller/prod/
2. Deploy and install the UCW Installer MSI on your conference room computers, using SCCM or InTune. In the following example, this command will install the UCW installer silently with automatic updates turned off. Always run the UCW installer elevated from the directory c:\Program Files (x86)\UC Workspace\UCW Installer:
UCWInstaller188.8.131.52.exe /L*V "%temp%\ucwinstaller.log" /qn AUTOMATIC_UPDATE=false
3. Using SCCM or InTune, run a command line that starts the UCW Installer elevated and will install the desired UCW products. For example, to install Quicklaunch (which includes the CloudAgent for UC Central), run the following command elevated (note: for this example, you will need your UC Central provision code):
Option 2 - using select versions of the UCW products
A more advanced option gives fine grained control over the specific version of each product and their interdependent products. This requires more work, but will allow you to download a specific versions of UCW products ahead of time, test them, then deploy the specific versions to the conference room computers. You have full control over the updating process.
Download the UCW Installers for your desired UCW Product
1. On a a test computer download the UCW Installer and install it from https://qlinstall.ucworkspace.com/ucwinstaller/prod/
2. Run the UCW installer interactively
3. Selected Advanced install checkbox
4. For your desired product, click the "Download" button. This will prompt for a download folder. Once you select a download folder, all the MSIs for the selected product will be downloaded to this folder including a product manifest file. The product manifest file is used for relating all the installer versions together.
Install and Test
On your test computer, install your products using the following command line. This will need to be run from an elevated command prompt. Substitute your download directory and product manifest file name appropriately. This example is to install Quicklaunch and supply a provision code for UC Central (you will need to get your provision code from your UC Central web site). Run from the directory c:\Program Files (x86)\UC Workspace\UCW Installer
UCWInstaller install --product Quicklaunch --installfromdirectory "C:\temp" --productmanifest "C:\temp\UCWInstallerManifest.json" --commandlineargs CloudAgent:ProvisionCode=ABCD-1234
If you already have Quicklaunch installed, and just want to install UC Central, use this command:
UCWInstaller install --product "UC Central" --installfromdirectory "C:\temp" --productmanifest "C:\temp\UCWInstallerManifest.json" --commandlineargs CloudAgent:ProvisionCode=ABCD-1234
Once installed, test your installation and make sure your configuration is correct.
Deploy to Conference Room Computers
1. Make the UCW install files and product manifest available to all computers
2. Using SCCM or InTune, run the same command above. You will have to modify it for the UCW install directory and product manifest appropriately.